First off, Happy Remembrance Day (Veterans Day for our neighbours to the south). Thank you to all the men and women who have served and continue to serve our country.
Hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer:
It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
So, my godson's 7th birthday party was last night (just a few hours ago, actually). It was awesome to see all of our hard work pay off. The theme was Pokemon, and there were games, prizes, a clown, a pinata... it was great! The kids had an awesome time and everything went super smooth. One of his friends even said it was the best birthday party he'd ever been to. Haha. Also ot a lot of compliments on the games and the decorations that my aunt did; so gratifying to hear. I can't believe my fave little guy is 7 already. Cue the tears! He's growing up so fast. He loved the gift my family and I had gotten him (a large Bowser plush doll), he couldn't put it down after he opened it. Do I know how to pick 'em or what. Lol. Had a great week prior as well. There was just a lot of assigned reading for classes, but nothing's perfect. ;)
Got a pretty good haul this week; keeping it quite small so I can catch up with my other books. I can't wait to get to it and share my thoughts with you all!
- Posted a review for City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
- Posted a review for Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
- Picked a winner for the YA Mythology Hop, hosted by For Those About to Read and I Am A Reader Not A Writer.
- Signed up for the Fire and Ice Blog Hop, hosted by a lovely group of bloggers. Click the link to find out more, and sign up if you're interested. It begins on January 28 and goes until March 1. Thanks to Christy from Love of Books for bringing it to my attention.
This week in reviews:
- What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang
- Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
New bookshelf additions:
Being Henry David by Cal Armistead
Dancing in the Dark by Robyn Bavati
If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch
Purchases / Downloads
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (Hardcopy)
Misfit by Jon Skovron (Hardcopy)
Catching You by Katie Gallagher (eBook)