My week was made up just lying sick in bed, no work, no school; how painfully uneventful.
Hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer:
It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
So, I wanted to focus my little blurb here on a specific issue. For those who aren't aware, October is Anti-Bullying Month. There are so many forms of bullying these days, whether it be physically, verbally, or cyber-bullying. There's absolutely no excuse for it, and more often than not, people don't realize that they're doing it. Please help spread awareness this month, and visit these sites to learn more: stopbullyingnow.com, stopbullying.gov, ncpc.org. If you're being bullied in any way, I urge you to please, please tell someone about it; you're not alone, and there are many people out there who can and want to help.
- Posted a review for The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
- Posted a review for City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- Started reading Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs for the Spooktacular Paranormal Reading Challenge hosted by Marie at Ramblings of a Daydream.
- Took part in Feature and Follow again, hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, where I recommended The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle. Glad a lot of people are willing to check it out!
- Got this little gem in the mail the other day for winning last week's #MIWatch with this submission. Many, many thanks to Simon and Schuster Canada!
- More reviews, including Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan.
- Continuing Spooktacular by reading/reviewing Sweet Venom and Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs.
- Going to finally read Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning (won't be reviewing, though).
- Holding a giveaway for 2 Sarah Dessen books in paperback, Just Listen and Someone Like You. Click here for details to enter. Runs from October 12 - 19.
New bookshelf additions:
We Are Savages by Jessie Atkin
Order of the Dimensions by Irene Helenowski
Freebies (via Smashwords and Amazon)
Jars of Clay by Lee Strauss
Ring of Destiny by Eric Quinn Knowles
Fallen Grace by Jessica Cartwright
Hollowland by Amanda Hocking