Where has the week gone? This past Friday marked my first week with this blog, and wow, what an experience. I'm loving it, learning a lot of new things and reading, reading, reading. Definitely a good time. I started my part time job again earlier this week; I was out for 2 weeks due to school starting and switching supervisors, but now I'm back and catching up on all the work I left behind. I missed my little cubicle and all the hustle and bustle of the office. It's just been non-stop work and school; I have a number of assignments due in the next 2-3 weeks, including a shot-by-shot report on the film, The Ghost Writer (oh look, it's kind of book-related, too) for my film class, and finding perspectives in photos for my art class. Some definite long lengths of time will be put into those starting this week. Later during the day though, I'll be continuing work on prepping stuff for my godson's 7th birthday party. Excited! Oh, and Once Upon a Time starts later tonight, but I'll be at the spa sitting in on an information session on skin care products and eating free food... not to mention grabbing myself some free samples. Thank goodness for PVR.
Hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer:
It's a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
- It's still on-going (last day is today!), but I participated in Bloggiesta, hosted by There's A Book and It's All About Books. I've made some great progress on the blog and reading-wise, scheduling and listing a lot of stuff. I definitely feel more organized and ready to take on some new challenges within the book blogging community. I followed a lot of new people on Twitter and through GFC. *waves*
- Posted a review for It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
- Posted a review for Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King
- My giveaway for The Perks of Being a Wallflower closed on Friday. The winner is: Gabe. Congrats! I've got in touch with Gabe and will be shipping out the book and soundtrack on Monday. A huge thank you goes out to the lot of you who entered and made my first giveaway a success!
- I'll be posting some reviews, including Harmonic Feedback by Tara Kelly.
- I'm adding my blog to different directories to get the word out.
- The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan comes out on Tuesday! I will definitely be buying it. I'm hoping to finish up The Son of Neptune soon so I can start reading.
- I have a lot on my plate both reading-wise and offline, but I do want to do something for Banned Books Week, even though I'm in Canada and our Freedom to Read Week was in February/March. So I'll be re-reading Impulse by Ellen Hopkins, an often challenged author, and one of my favorites. Love her and this book to pieces.
- I'm continuing to jump around and follow/comment on different book blogs. There are so many great ones out there and I love seeing what people are reading.
- I signed up for the 2nd Annual Spooktacular Paranormal Reading Challenge hosted by Marie at Ramblings of a Daydreamer. This is right up my alley and it's my first time participating, so I'm super stoked. I'll be making a separate post about it on Monday with the books I'm planning to take on, and will be tracking my progress with the handy widget on my sidebar.
New bookshelf additions:
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
Now I'm off to watch Robert Sheehan and Aidan Gillen be all kinds of badass in Love/Hate before bed. I haven't been able to pop in my DVD for weeks now. Did you enjoy your weekend? Have anything special going on? Let me know!