It's been a busy week, with school kicking off earlier this month (can you believe October is already just around the corner?!). Seems everyone's settled in enough for the profs to start handing out assignments and projects. When I'm not reading, studying, or working, I'm helping my cousin plan my godson's 7th birthday party for November. My favourite little guy is growing up so quickly! This is going to be a fun party. Also, I love this time of year because the fall television season has officially started. I'm trying to get back into Glee, and I'm waiting for my CW shows to start. I've also discovered Once Upon a Time over the summer (I know, how late to the party am I?)... that's probably the show I'm most looking forward to this season!
Hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer:
It's a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
- I officially opened this blog.
- Posted my first review: The Goddess Test by Aimée Carter
- Posted about the first giveaway I'm holding: The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, movie tie-in novel and soundtrack
- Will be reviewing It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
- The 'Perks' giveaway closes this Friday, September 28. I'll announce the winner within 48 hours from then!
- Memes, memes, and memes! I'm currently continuing to try and get this blog on its feet, so you may see me all over the place.
- I've gotten a bunch of books for upcoming giveaways. Some of them include:
- The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- Someone Like You and Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
- The Curse Workers trilogy by Holly Black
- Glow (Sky Chasers #1) by Amy Kathleen Ryan
New bookshelf additions:
- Jane by April Lindner
- Uglies by Scott Westerfield
Looks like it's shaping up to be a good week so far!