Here we go! It'll be my first time participating and I'm super pumped about this.
Bloggiesta is hosted by There's A Book and It's All About Books, and runs from September 28-30.
I spent some time at work putting together my to-do list (on my break, don't worry), and this post is subject to change any time, as I may add more items and/or do more mini-challenges as I go along. Eee, I'm already itching to start!
Click here to see what others are doing in this year's Bloggiesta, hosted by There's A Book and It's All About Books.
List of Goals:
- Write up a review for "Please Ignore Vera Dietz" by A.S. King
- Improve on my layout
- Add to my sidebars
- Reorganize/update my Goodreads shelves
- Follow more book bloggers Twitter accounts
- [x] Create a blog schedule, make monthly blog lists, create templates
- Template: Work on improving my links section for purchasing the books (adding Goodreads, author website/twitter, etc.)
- Template: Also come up with a solid format for the body of my review
Learn how to use Pocket✓
Learn how to use Evernote✓
- [x] Continue jotting down my thoughts in a journal while reading books, and write more lists of to-reads, possible giveaways, author names, etc. Lists, lists, and more lists!
- [x] Organize my books using Microsoft Access
- [x] Visit, follow, and comment on at least 20 Bloggiesta participants' blogs
Update my "About Me" page to incorporate more of my reading life✓
- [x] Update my policy and procedures
Read up on the differences between Blogger and Wordpress✓
- [x] Come up with a list of possible discussion posts
- [x] Try reading a YA book focusing on fae
Completed Mini-Challenges, September 28
- Just used Pocket to save the mini-challenges for this weekend, that way they'll be easily accessible on the go. I've also added some book reviews for new releases that I want to check out. This is such a handy app!
- Read up on Blogger vs. Wordpress. This is something that I was debating over before starting my blog. Who knows, maybe as I get used to running this blog, I might want to make the switch. Definitely not ruling it out, especially after reading the post at Books, Biscuits, and Tea.
- Evernote is an app that I downloaded about 2 years ago, but I really had no idea what to use it for or even how to use it. Now I have a reason to!
- Updated my "About Me" page with more info about yours truly, as well as a list of some of my favourite books.